Monday, February 05, 2007

More Good News!

Last week an engagement ring, this week the news that...

I PASSED COMPS!!!!!!!

Not only did I pass every single section, but I actually aced most of them, which really surprised me. Apparently, my ability to bullshit long winded essays is better than I thought. I also find it ironic that my answer for the biochem/cell essay was worth of a 100% (by a professor who is generally a tough grader), and out of all the courses I have taken, I definitely did the worst in those.

Now, I can
officially be miserable in my thesis lab for the next 5ish years! Time to celebrate by... working on my journal club presentation for lab meeting tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Do grad-school marks actually get reviewed by anyone later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I had no doubt you'd do quite well, but it looks like everything's coming together neatly for you lately. :) While I'm sure there will be continued misery in some sense, it has to be different with a ring and an excellent comps performance. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You've gotten through the hardest part of grad school. Really. The rest is much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would do it. :) 5 years???

    ReplyDelete