As I updated the header to the blog to reflect me with my new shorter hair, I realized that I never posted the before and after pictures, as promised. While every other girl I know has decided to grow out her hair before getting married, I took the opposite route and cut off 11" to donate to Locks of Love.
This "before" picture is from back in January, so when my hair was cut in June, it was actually about 3.5" longer than it is in this picture (my hair grows fairly quickly). In other words, it was pretty long. Yes, that is Dr. Scott, the hubby-to-be, pictured with me, and the picture is actually taken from where our wedding ceremony will be held, overlooking center city Philadelphia.
The "after" picture is from our engagement party, and I am with two of my best friends who are serving as ushers in the wedding (asking them to be bridesmaids and forcing them into dresses just somehow didn't seem right!). This is the shortest my hair has been in over 10 years -- I still haven't adjusted to it. I suppose both these pictures are false representations of my daily life, since my hair is actually curly when not beaten down with a flat iron.
I really like your "new" hair ~ bubbles.. congrats by the way!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute! I like the hair and I think it's wonderful to donate it.
ReplyDeleteI also think curly is the next big thing coming in hair fashion. :)
How do you find time to plan a wedding while going to grad school? My fiance and I started a couple times but it was too hard around my work. And we realized that I needed a "real" job to help pay for it. We are waiting until I graduate, which hopefully will be soon.
ReplyDeleteIt just amazes me to hear that you're doing it.
Where did you get the header from anyway? I ment to ask you that before. Love it!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks SO much better short. It looks healthy, modern, and fresh. You look weighed down with the long hair.
ReplyDelete