Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Latest Data

I, like every other graduate student on the planet, go through periods of ups and downs with my advisor. I'm not going to get into specifics, but it is definitely a love-hate relationship.
I finished up some drug toxicity studies that I've been working on with some new drugs designed by a collaborator. They're not particularly relevant to what I'm doing, but lately I seem to be the go-to girl for any kind of cell assay (and we all know how much I LOVE copious amounts of cell culture - groan).
I finished up the latest assays on Monday, organized the data and made all the graphs today, and sent an e-mail off to my PI this afternoon with all the information. His reply e-mail? "Groovey!" [sic]
It makes me feel like such a bad person. I mean seriously, how could you possibly sometimes hate someone who responds to new data with the word groovy? Not a success, not a failure... just groovy. But someone tell me, since I'm not quite sure -- is groovy data publication-worthy?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the love-hate advisor relationship! I couldn't agree more. I will be so angry with him and then he will do something nice or semi-caring and I feel guilty. Repeat cycle over and over again. The life of a doc student I guess... groan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete