If you're here looking for some insightful, intelligent, science-related discussion, you are dismissed. But if you love shoe porn, read on, because this post is all about my favorite thing in life: shoes. I love shoes. Love shoes. As in, if I'm having a craptacular day in the lab, I'll head straight to BerdorfGoodman.com's online shoe salon and stare dreamily at the Louboutins. Yes, I'm serious. Someone tell me I'm not the only one?
Ahem. That said, my fiance is now on a first-name basis with the UPS man because of the number of shoes I've had delivered to the condo as of late. Within the past 3 business days, 22 (yes, twenty two) pairs of shoes have come through my door, and a few more are on the way. No, I'm not opening my own shoe salon out of my walk-in closet... I need to find a shoe to wear for my wedding, and I have to have them before I go for my first dress fitting, so the dress can be properly hemmed.
I am looking for the following in a pair of wedding shoes:
- Ideal heel height between 2.5" and 3.25". I am banned from wearing heels more than 3" in the presence of my fiance, lest I tower over him a la Katie Holmes, but I can get away with that extra quarter inch because he'll get some lift out of his tux shoes and still manage to be the half-inch minimum taller than me. I would love to go for the highest heels possible, but I think with being on my feet for hours and hours and hours, something closer to 2.5" is probably the way to go.
- Leaning towards closed-toe, but sandals of substance are also considered. I love me some hot hot strappy sandals, but nothing beats a classic, closed toe shoe for a wedding. And under no circumstances are peep-toes allowed. Not only do I find them a little funny looking, but they hurt my toes like none other.
- White, silver, or blue in color. The wedding colors are black and white, so I was originally only looking at white shoes. Then I decided to branch into silver, since it is an accent color at the wedding, and I thought post-wedding I would get more wear out of silver shoes. But, since my favorite color is blue, my bridesmaids are carrying blue hydrangeas, and I'm supposed to wear something blue apparently, I thought perhaps a blue shoe is in order.
Nine West Juliarae Sandal, 3.25" heel, $79.95 on endless.com

Touch Up Tia Pump, 2" heel, $56.95 on endless.com

Mikala Steffan Slingback, 3" heel, $179.95 down to $125.97 on endless.com
Anne Klein New York Ccianna Two-Piece Evening Pump, 3.25" heel, $354.95 on endless.com
ABS by Allen Schwartz Atom Two Piece Pump, 3.5" heel, $119.95 on endless.com

Stuart Weitzman Duchess d'orsay pumps, 2.5" heel, $285.00 on sale for $96.89 on b
luefly.com


Stuart Weitzman Temptress, 2.5" heel, $199.00 on sale for $67.99 on bluefly.com

Stuart Weitzman Kiss pump, 4" heel, $225.00 on sale for $76.49.
Mikala Steffan Slingback, 3" heel, $179.95 down to $125.97 on endless.com
Anne Klein New York Ccianna Two-Piece Evening Pump, 3.25" heel, $354.95 on endless.com
ABS by Allen Schwartz Atom Two Piece Pump, 3.5" heel, $119.95 on endless.com
Stuart Weitzman Duchess d'orsay pumps, 2.5" heel, $285.00 on sale for $96.89 on b
luefly.com
Stuart Weitzman Temptress, 2.5" heel, $199.00 on sale for $67.99 on bluefly.com
Stuart Weitzman Kiss pump, 4" heel, $225.00 on sale for $76.49.
Okay, faithful readers -- the polls are open. Vote for the shoe that should grace my feet (and remain hidden under my dress and not noticed by anyone else) on my big day. Or, if you're ambitious, go out and find me something even better -- suggestions ALWAYS accepted (hey, someone has to keep UPS in business!).
I like the Mikala Steffan slingbacks. They're blue, but not too blue. They're not over 3". They look sexy AND comfortable, and they're something I would wear again. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I am all about the shoe love and can totally relate. :D Plus wedding shoe shopping is such a great excuse to be totally frivolous with your shoe choices!
ReplyDeleteI'm voting for: Nine West Juliarae Sandal. For two reasons: I'm a big fan of a peep-toe shoe (something sort of vintage '50's movie star about them), and I LOVE the colour. Imagine just a little flash of that turquiose-y blue peep out from the hem.
I'm also liking the navy blue, and would vote ABS by Allen Schwartz Atom Two Piece Pump as a close second!
I Love the
ReplyDeleteMikala Steffan Slingback, 3" heel, from endless.com.
and they look wearable after the wedding.
I think the Stuart Weitzman Duchess d'orsay pumps look like the perfect wedding shoe, but they'd probably be harder to wear again. I would vote for the Anne Klein New York Ccianna second.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the Mikala Steffan Slingbacks, as well. Gorgeous, again not too blue and definitely wearable again.
ReplyDeleteI vote for Stuart Weitzman Duchess d'orsay but, as someone already mentioned, not terribly re-wearable. Maybe Temptress would get more use.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the Nine West Juliarae Sandal. It is gorgeous and wearable after the wedding. I love the colour and the slightly retro touch. The Stuart Weitzman Duchess d'orsay pump is also beatiful, but doesn't look like they would get used again.
ReplyDelete