Friday, December 04, 2009

Holiday Cards

Since I am stuck on the couch, foot up, following surgery*, I figured I may as well use the time to get some work done on my holiday cards… especially considering that Hanukkah is just a week a way (I know, I can’t believe it either). 

Every year, I hand make my holiday cards.  I used to do intricate, hand-cut cards, but once Husband and I became engaged, and our holiday card list for our combined family and friends stretched to over 60, I just didn’t have the time anymore.  Instead, I now screen print my holiday cards using my Gocco

Husband and I are Jewish, but we have many friends and some family who are not, so I always go for a generic holiday/Chrismukkah/non-denominational themed cards so as not to offend anyone.

IMG_0192 IMG_0193 
2007 Holiday Cards

IMG_0188 IMG_0190
2008 Holiday Cards

What’s in store for this year?  Well, I’m not entirely sure yet, but Husband suggested a theme which highlights each of our respective cities.  I’m not sure if it’s a fun highlight, or depressing to send everyone a card saying “hey! look! we live in different cities!”, but it’s the first time he’s ever expressed an opinion one way or another about cards, so I think I’m going to go with it.

Since I seem to have so much more contact with many of my blog friends than my real life friends, it only seemed fair to include you on my holiday card list.  So, if you would like to be added to my holiday card list, send me an email (see that “Contact” link up there on the menu bar?  Click away!) with your address, and a card you will receive.

*Outpatient foot surgery, but I have direct orders to keep my foot up and stay off my feet, lest I rip out my deep stitches.  Details to follow.

6 comments:

  1. It's unfortunate that this is my first time learning of the GOCCO screenprinting system... since they are now out of production and too expensive to purchase on my stipend :( .

    Very lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover from your surgery quickly - those cards are lovely! I'm so impressed you make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I always give out non-religious ones too. I'm jewish (grew up Christian) and half of my family is Christian/Jewish so it's confusing and much easier to hand out nothing too specific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I sent out great "peace" cards with a very small, sparkly star and some pretty font.

    I need to learn how to design... your cards look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're very pretty -- and I'd love one. I'll send you an email. Hope the foot recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! I hope you'll this year's card, too!

    ReplyDelete