Monday, January 31, 2011

Here We Go!

The past several days, I have received dozens of nasty, insulting comments on old blog posts. Of course, no blogger is exempt from "Anonymous" and his/her snide comments, but the sheer volume (and excessive rudeness) of the comments threw me for a loop.

And then, Statmeter filled me in. The comments all came from numerous individuals in the Wisconsin area, finding my blog by Googling some sort of Steelers-related term. And so, by the dozens, they proceeded to inform me that I am stupid, uneducated, fat, ugly, heinous, lazy, inept, extremely extremely selfish, moronic, and ignorant, and as a result of above personality traits, I deserve to be shot, should kill myself, will do no better in life than prostitution (except I'm too fat and ugly so no one would hire me), and the reason my husband is never around is because he is cheating on me with someone way hotter (darn, I KNEW that whole residency story was totally just a front!).

Really, Packers fans? This is how you are approaching the Superbowl? By Googling for Steelers fans and insulting us (and, SHAME ON YOU for your awful, derogatory language... I bet all your mothers raised you better than to use those words) in hopes that... what, exactly? We all get so depressed at your mean words that we overdose on painkillers and there are no Steelers fans left by Sunday? Shame on you, Packers trolls.

Needless to say, this just makes me even more proud to be a part of STEELERS NATION! And in order to get you hyped up for the game, too (and to annoy any more Packers fans to find me), I present this, in order to remind you who to cheer for on Sunday: the 2010 Edition of 'Here We Go'.

And, for all my Steelers Ladies (especially ImageGoddess and LNRBailey):

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!


12 comments:

  1. Packers fans blow. Bears fans would never do that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, both my father and I were hoping for a Bears-Steelers Superbowl. Trash talking with you would be way more civilized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just rude and not called for. Way to be lame Packers fans...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, Packers fans. GO STEELERS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's pretty incredible to see an uptick in Anons for THAT reason... at least you figured out why, though! You are awesome, fear not, and Go Steelers Go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the Steelers, but... dude, people are ridiculous. And so, so mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely ridiculous! I'm not a Steelers fan, but I am a Disgruntled Julie/Sugar Scientist fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed some comments and was wondering WTF was going on. Way to you for being above that. Srsly, how lame are people to get that nasty for a freaking football game?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pretty messed up. Good to know they're giving themselves a good reputation over there in WI.

    Also wanted to say that I am a late viewer of your blog and love it. I started my own blog not too long ago and thought you might enjoy it, one struggling science PhD student to another: http://toxdosemakesthepoison.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks everyone. Glad to know even if we can't agree on loving the Steelers, we can agree that the Packers trolls are jerks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww... that sucks. Not being a steelers fan but not liking those green ppl ^^ I'm a purple one!

    But the Bears would have been a much funner game... apart from true match btw hard vikings and hard steelers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear that!! I'm a Wisconsin girl (using my husband's account!) and love the Packers...are you sure it wasn't Bears fans PRETENDING to be Cheeseheads??

    ReplyDelete