Last weekend, Husband and I attended the wedding of two of his medical school classmates in Kennebunkport. Since we were driving all the way to Maine, we decided to stop in Newport, RI for a day on the way up. The trip was so lovely and relaxing, and it is getting harder and harder to come back to D.C. and the lab each week (especially when it was over 100F back in D.C., and a beautiful, breezy 74F in Maine). I have lost so much motivation, I almost don’t even care if I ever finish or not…
Touro Synagogue – oldest American synagogue
The Breakers – Vanderbilt’s summer “cottage”
Wow - looks gorgeous!! Glad you had a good time, though I can understand how it would make you lose any motivation.
ReplyDeleteWow those photos are amazing! The view and all too. I would've had an enormous hard time leaving too.... more heat down in the South but still similar to DC, but with more humidity perhaps?
ReplyDeleteAs for the motivation loss - I totally understand. It's going the right way with the projects though, right? One day at a time and soon you'll get back into motivation and "soon over" feeling - I hope at least!!
Stunning! Looks like a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the motivation. I find it reappears when I least expect it!
Thanks for the photo compliments!
ReplyDeleteChall - Sadly, it is not going the right way at all with projects, which is why I have no motivation. If something (anything!) worked, I'd be all raging to go in the lab to try to get a manuscript done so I can get the heck out of here. But when nothing at all is working, and I am making no progress toward graduating, it is impossible to stay motivated.
A perfect place for wedding. The view is awesome. speedupmypc
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time! Your pictures are amazing :)
ReplyDelete