Saturday, December 09, 2006

Because I was bored in lab...

While I was waiting to wash the secondary antibody off my Western I was catching up on a few blogs, and came across the "Brutally Honest Personality Test" as taken by Dr. FreeRide on Adventures in Ethics and Science.
My results?

Borefest - ISTJ
40% Extraversion, 33% Intuition, 73% Thinking, 73% Judging

One word. Boring. Sums you up to a tee. You're responsible, trustworthy, serious and down to earth. Boring. Boring. Boring.

You play by the rules. You follow tradition. You encourage structure.

You insist that EVERYBODY do EVERYTHING by the book. Seriously, is there even an ounce of imagination in that little brain of yours? I mean, what's the point of imagination, right? It has no practical value...

As far as you're concerned, abstract theories can go screw themselves. You just want the facts, all the facts and nothing but the facts.

Oh. And you're a perfectionist. About everything. You know that the previous sentence was gramattically incorrect and that "gramattically" was spelt wrong. Your financial records are correct to 25 decimal places and your bedroom is in pristine condition. In fact, you even don't sleep on your bed anymore for fear that you might crease the sheets.

Thankfully, you don't have anyone else to share the bed with, because you're uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. Too bad.

When I first started reading, I was insulted and in denial. Then, I reached the paragraph on being a perfectionist... and suddenly wanted to curl up in a ball under my desk (except that it's way too dirty since nobody ever mops the lab floor and it is probably covered with lots of chemicals). I am (a) an extreme grammar nazi [I WILL JUDGE YOU WHEN YOU USE IMPROPER GRAMAR], (b) I am widely known for being the most financially ultra-organized person around and have to have every financial interaction tracked to the cent in Microsoft Money, and (c) I ALWAYS make my bed in the morning, hospital corners and all. Always. Even if I'm running late, the bed is made. I have not once, since I started college, left my bed unmade. And as for my room -- it is always in pristine condition. I have an unhealthy obsession with organization, neatness, and vacuumed carpets. I think I'm severely allergic to messiness and clutter.
I guess you have it -- I am a borefest. But then again, what can you expect from someone who is going for a Ph.D. in oncology? I don't think we're the most exciting people out there.
(I promise to really start posting again sometime soon. It's just that when you're in the lab 10-12 hours per day, seven days per week, there really isn't anything of any interest going on, unless you want to hear all about how all my experiments refuse to work, and my experiment results bore me at the moment since I can't extract any useful data, so how could I subject anyone else to them? See? I really AM a borefest. How depressing.)

5 comments:

  1. he hiii u just saw ur page and it really interesting , i like ur blogs so take care and have a really good da

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that, with correct grammar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quiz. Another way to avoid real graduate work! I was a "Dictator". Which is right. On the upside, I get things done, and so does everyone around me! BWAHAAHAHAHA. I hate to think of what I'd be like as a graduate advisor.

    (ENTJ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your comps!!

    oh - and by the time you and I have reached our level, grammer does get to be an important thing.

    -Elizabeth
    (aka Gecko from the dreaded CSV)

    ReplyDelete