Okay, okay, pipe down in the peanut gallery. I get it. You love me, and you want more of me. I hear you.
You see, my long-time loyal readers and I had an understanding. I posted... when I got around to it. Sometimes, that was multiple times a week. Sometimes, that meant I went two months between posts. But as long as I showed up every few months, and kept commenting on everyone else's blogs, nobody ever complained. But apparently things are different now. More people are dropping by... and they want more posts, and they want them now, damnit!
I've been getting more and more emails. Where did you go? Do you still post? Is this a dead blog? People have been leaving comments on old posts asking what happened. Obviously, I've been ignoring them. At first, I thought maybe it had been months since my last post, but then I remembered posting while eating sushi for one on my birthday... and that was last month! And I've gone more than a month between posts before, so what's the big deal? So I didn't react. Because people, I'm busy. It's tough work being a scientist 80 hours/week by day and a housewife 20 hours/week by night. And it's generally not much fun, either. But then someone left a comment that made me laugh, and actually forced me to comment. Not a question asking if I was going to return to blogging, or pointing out how long since my last post, or questioning if the blog was dead. Just one simple word -- "divorced?" So, alas, I am here simply to tell you that I am indeed alive, still chugging along (with no progress whatsoever) towards my Ph.D., and yes, still married (somewhat regretfully -- kidding!).
And I promise, demanding readers, as if the lab and the husband don't suck enough out of me, I'll do a better job of blog-upkeep.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm new, but I'm still glad you're back! And that 'divorced?' comment made me laugh too :)
ReplyDeleteLOL.
ReplyDeleteKeep chugging along... we'll still be here when you get a chance to post! This life of science doesn't leave much time for life of anything else. ;)