As sad as I was to have to move, I figured there was at least ONE perk (well, in addition to paying $975 less per month) -- moving on up. The two previous places I've lived, I lived on the bottom floor. While this has many benefits (moving couches, carrying in groceries, stays cooler in the summer, etc), it has the unfortunate problem of gravity working against you. Any water which leaks from above came pouring right down onto me (see here, here, here, and here if you need refreshers on the floods of 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010). But now, in my new place, I am on the top floor (of a two story building). Finally! Gravity is in MY favor! It was finally Karmic Plumbing time, in which my water dripped on those below, instead of vice versa!
Haha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Three weeks ago, there was a leak in the pipe below my sink, which flooded the kitchen.
Two weeks ago, our garbage disposal broke, so water leaked out the bottom of the garbage disposal.
Last week, our dishwasher stopped draining after the final rinse cycle.
This week, our dishwasher won't even run (probably because of the three inches of water in the bottom that we can't drain).
You can run. You can hide. You can try to defy gravity. But if you've been tagged for life with the Ultimate Plumbing Curse, you just can't escape them.
Perhaps this is all just one big sign that I'm supposed to stop cooking and exist on takeout and paper plates for the rest of my life.
Wow. You really DO have water issues!
ReplyDeleteyikes. it really sounds bad... sacrifice to the water godesses?!
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about the issues. Hopefully the dish washer can get fixed soon. And hope that the shower doesn't start next....