Mudphudder just informed me that he has been having trouble leaving comments on my blog. Has this been an issue for anyone else? I am wondering if it is the embedded comments that is causing it, though I have been using them for quite a while now.
I would say “leave a comment to let me know if you are having problems!” but er… well… you get the point.
So, while it requires far more effort on your behalf, do me a favor and actually send me an email to ethidiumbromide (at) gmail (dot) com (or just click on the “Contact” link in the upper right hand corner) and let me know that you are having problems and what browser you are using. I finally figured out how to get my RSS feed working again, so next up I’ll try to tackle this commenting problem!
Hmmm... It seems to work for me.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a problem.
ReplyDeleteComment testing 1 2 3.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it takes me a few tries to comment, but it usually works. This one took 2 tries.
ReplyDeleteIf I remember right blogger had the embeded comments not work a while back. Some problem, but it seems to be fixed now.
ReplyDeleteI have to choose anonymous or it automatically brings up my other Google account. Which is annoying. I like the embedded comments concept, but I rarely get it to work right...especially if I am on my iPhone! And it isn't just your blog, it is any blog with embedded comments.
ReplyDelete--Coasting anon
I'm only going to email you if this doesn't work.
ReplyDeleteWhat usually happens for me is that I sumbit the comment and it says there is an error, so I submit it again and it usually works. I usually copy what I have written so I can keep on trying until it works.
I seem to not be having a problem, but I know that I have had problems with embedded comments before.
ReplyDeleteI had a problem a few weeks ago, but I haven't since! I use Firefox and at that particular time, there was no option for me to post a comment... I could read them, but not post! It hasn't happened since, so this comment is probably absolutely NO help :) SORRY :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I almost always have the same problem as withoutadornment, but it happens to all the blogs with embedded comments...so I tend to lose track!
ReplyDeletemaybe with Firefox?
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I can commenting to work with firefox but not explorer. When I was submitting my comments, the screen would turn blue for a second and then nothing would happen. I guess now I have to use firefox. I can't help but wonder if this is some conspiracy to promote firefox over explorer? I recall that you are now a Mac-person and therefore inherently untrustworthy in regards to your technological agenda...
ReplyDeleteJust sent an email to your ethidium bromide gmail address with regards to a project I'd love for you to be involved in - thought I'd mention it here in case you don't check your mails that much. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteWoooooah hey hey hey Mudphudder -- back the truck up here. Just because I have had a Mac forced upon me in the lab by no means makes me a "Mac-person". I still cling to my dear beloved little PC at home, thank you very much!
ReplyDeleteI think I will switch back to the pop-up comments (sigh, but the in-line comments look so much better) since it sounds like perhaps it is taking multiple efforts for some people.
But I still stand by the fact that everyone should use Firefox (on a PC, of course). Using Internet Explore is as archaic as using Hotmail over Gmail. Get with it!
What's gmail?
ReplyDelete