Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Back in the Saddle

My mother always taught me if you can't say anything nice, then you sure as heck better not say anything at all on the internet where it can be traced back to you, and suffice to say, I really couldn't say anything nice about the second half of 2010 (or the first, for that matter).  But let's not dwell on the misery of last year when we can move on to bigger and better things, like...
A blog renovation!  In the midst of my nothing-positive-to-say blogging hiatus, my 5 year "blogiversary" came and went unmentioned.  In the back of my mind, I had been pondering making a change, but there was no point if I had nothing to write.  Well, the time has come my friends -- new year, new blog.  Same crappy problems from 2010 have followed me over into 2011 with no end in sight, but I've decided to take the time to focus on me and what makes me happy this year, rather than wallow in misery.
Fret not, I'm still as "disgruntled" as ever, but it's time to focus on the positives in life.
Same old content, but hopefully more frequently -- and of course, with a name like the Sugar Scientist, you bet the weekend recipes will be revived!
So swing on by and say hello at my new digs -- The Sugar Scientist.
(No changes necessary to your RSS feeds, but updating your blogrolls would be delightful.)
(Also, can anyone recommend decent blogging software for a Mac?  I desperately miss Windows Live Writer.)

9 comments:

  1. I love that you are focusing on being positive. It has been difficult to read about how poorly things have gone for you at times, but let's focus on the good things - like FOOD! :)

    Bring on the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2011! Look forward to reading about your new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sugar Scientist? You crack me up.
    Happy 2011, and I hope very much that it will be a good year for you.
    Greetings from a fellow nothing-good-to-say-(non-)blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will continue writing about science; your recipes are good but your stories from the lab are excellent..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! :-) So glad you're blogging again! Keep it up - and share those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I love the new blog design and am excited for all of your delicious recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit late on this, but so glad to see you writing here again!

    ReplyDelete