When I'm stressed, I bake. There's just something about pulling out the rolling pin and taking the time to slow down and concentrate only on rolling out a perfect circle of dough that I find so relaxing and calming.
That said, it's quite convenient that Match Day also coincides with Purim.
There are currently six dozen hamentashen (cherry and apricot) sitting in my kitchen, should anyone want to drop by. Because if you don't eat them, the next thing I do when I'm stressed is eat. And I'm already nervous enough about not fitting in my dress when I go for my first fitting. And really, while I do enjoy good hamentashen (and mine are quite good, if I can be not-so-humble for a moment) and look forward to Purim for just that reason, nobody needs to eat six dozen.
Oh, and if you happen to be matching tomorrow, good luck! And if you happen to be the significant other of someone matching and you have either a) been dating less than 6 months, or b) will automatically be moving wherever your significant other goes, please look elsewhere for sympathy tonight. I've already had people in each category both tell me "You have no idea how nervous I am for tomorrow." Yep, you're right. I've been with my fiance 5.5 years. We're getting married in 2 months. And if he matches elsewhere, we'll be living apart. Not for a couple months or a year... until I finish my Ph.D. Which would be 3.5 to 4 years. Married. Living apart. 4 years.
Nope, I totally have no idea what you mean about being nervous.
Kindly look elsewhere for your sympathy, because you sure aren't getting any from me. But I can offer you a hamentash.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've never had a hamentash, but they sound delicious! I don't suppose they'd survive a trip to the Midwest via the USPS?! :-)
ReplyDeleteOne of my friends went through this recently with Canada's match day. So best of luck...I hope your fiance gets the residency the two of you are hoping for.
Oh gosh, good luck!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how nervous YOU must be for tomorrow! Well... I have some idea having done the long distance thing for 2 years, but that must be so awful to have it so much out of your control.
Really, really, best of luck.
I completely understand the match day scenario. I had no sympathy for those who would automatically be moving with their S.O. elsewhere. Good luck today! I hope all goes well!
ReplyDelete