My schedule is getting a little out of control. One quick glance at Google Calendar, and my weekends look like this, starting with this weekend as Weekend 0:
Right Now: (okay, in 15 minutes) research competition to which my PI informed he would be extremely disappointed if I didn't win. No pressure or anything.
Weekend 0: Bachelorette Party Part I
Weekend 1: Harrisburg for dress fitting and very small bridal shower (my family)
Weekend 2: Philly for tasting, meet with the band, pick up wedding rings, hair trial, another meeting with the Rabbi, and a very large (groan) bridal shower (his family)
Weekend 3: Central PA for bridal shower for friend J (I am a bridesmaid in her wedding)
Weekend 4: Blast in Baltimore with my PI (what does it say about me that I'm spending a weekend doing something social with my PI?)
Weekend 5: Fiance's graduation party
Weekend 6: Bachelorette Party Part II/ Fiance's Bachelor Party
Weekend 7: Fiance's medical school graduation (Dr. Fiance)
Weekend 8: Ms. Disgruntled Julie becomes Mrs. Disgruntled Julie (how long until Dr. Disgruntled Julie??)
Weekend 9: honeymoon
Weekend 10: honeymoon
Weekend 11: return from honeymoon in time for aunt's husband's daughter's wedding
Weekend 12: Bachelorette Party for J
Weekend 13: Friend from CA flies out to visit
Weekend 14: J's wedding in Michigan
And that takes us straight through 4th of July. I wonder means when I feel not excitement from upcoming activities or exhaustion from schedule, but sheer and utter guilt from the fact that this is 14 weekends in a row in which my time in the lab will be minimal. Not relief from having a Saturday or two off from the lab -- just guilt.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, it's hard not to feel guilty for taking time away from lab. But these are special events and you deserve to have a life! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :-)
ReplyDeleteForget the guilt and just enjoy these once in a lifetime moments. The lab will still be there.
ReplyDelete